TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES OFFERED VIA THIS WEBSITE BY KANGELANI LODGE
- Rates are subject to availability and fluctuations.
- Rates are per night sharing on a per person or per room basis, as indicated.
- Rates indicated for a “double per person sharing” are based on two persons sharing a room and are charged per person sharing per night unless otherwise stated.
- Rates are for Bed & Breakfast only unless otherwise specified.
- “BB” denotes bed and breakfast. “DBB” denotes dinner, bed and breakfast .Rates are non-commissionable to IATA/ASATA registered Travel Agents, on presentation of a referral/payment voucher.
- Certain rates require a non-refundable prepayment in order to be confirmed. Please check the Rules and Rates when booking, to determine the payment policy.
- Reservations confirmed on a prepaid rate are subject to cancellation fees should they be modified or cancelled.
- The credit card used to confirm a reservation is required to be presented on check-in at the lodge. In the event of the cardholder not travelling, a valid form of ID is required to be presented.
- All other payments for services rendered by a Kangelani Lodge shall be payable by you on departure.
- All accommodation provided in terms of any booking made on this website will be subject to the standard Kangelani Lodge terms and conditions of residence.
- Certain special promotions and rates carry their own terms and conditions which apply accordingly.
- All Kangelani Lodge rates are inclusive of Value Added Tax.
- Payment for any reservations or other services for which fees may be charged by Kangelani Lodge shall be payable by you on departure from the lodge in question or, where applicable, shall be debited to your account after departure.
- The rates payable by you in respect of the provision by Kangelani Lodge of any services and/or goods, including but not limited to the provision of accommodation at Kangelani Lodge applicable rates
- Provision of banking and/or credit card details on the website is merely to secure a reservation and does not constitute payment in respect of the services to be provided by Kangelani Lodge. Kangelani Lodge reserves the right to debit your credit card with a cancellation fee equal to 1 nights’ accommodation, if a reservation is not cancelled 6 days prior to arrival.
- The customer/client hereby agrees that this transaction constitutes an electronic transaction as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 and that a binding agreement has been concluded between the Hotel and the customer/client authorising Kangelani Lodge to deduct or to debit the credit card for payments for services rendered to the customer/client. The hand signature of the customer/client shall not be required for authorisation purposes.
- By clicking the “I AGREE” button herein, the customer/client signifies and accepts all terms and conditions contained in this Website.
- All credit card details supplied will be charged instantly, should the transaction be successful the reservation will be confirmed.
- All major credit cards will be accepted. Charges and refunds will always be processed in South African currency.
- The card used to make a reservation will be requested and presented when you check in along with a valid identification. All other payments for services rendered by a Kangelani Lodge shall be payable by you on departure.
ALTERATIONS TO RESERVATIONS
- If you reduce the number of nights stay and the arrival date is more than 14 days from arrival, the refund for the reduced number of nights will be processed by the lodge within 21 days of you informing the lodge and no additional penalties will be incurred.
- If you reduce the number of nights stay and the arrival date is within 14 days of arrival, any refund that may be due will be processed at the time of check-out from the lodge.
- If you extend your original reservation and prior to your check-in, the hotel will take payment in respect of the additional accommodation charges at the time of check-in.
Once your reservation has been confirmed, Kangelani Lodge reserves the right to apply cancellation fees against the payment.
- Cancellations received 30+ days prior to arrival – Nil
- Cancellations received 7 days prior to arrival – 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations received 6 days prior to arrival to arrival date – 100% cancellation fee
- No shows – 100% cancellation fee
CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATIONS
For online credit card transactions
- If a transaction is authorised by the bank you will receive on screen confirmation of your reservation.
- Should the transaction be declined by the bank, you will receive notification of this on screen and no reservation will be held for you at Kangelani Lodge
For EFT transactions
You will only receive confirmation once your funds have been received and confirmed. Proof of payment does not constitute proof of funds. Please note that it can take up to 3 days for funds to clear into our bank account.
- On confirmation of a reservation on screen, an e-mail will be generated and dispatched to you. The e-mail address provided by you will be used to send the confirmatory e-mail. It is advised that you print the confirmatory e-mail and present same to the lodge at time of check-in.
- Comments and queries with regard to payments and confirmation should be emailed with full detail to the Lodge with the booking.
- Any person under the age of 16 years old is deemed a child in terms of our policies.
- Children’s rates are only applicable when children are staying in the same room as adults. If children stay in a separate room, standard adult rates will apply.
- Children staying in the same room with parents pay no accommodation fees, but a percentage of food costs are due:
- 0 – 3 years: No charge
- 4 – 6 years: 25% of food costs
- 7 – 12 years: 50% of food costs
- 13 – 15 years: 75% of food costs
CONDITIONS OF RESIDENCE
- The guest, signing the registration card, warrants that he is duly authorised to sign for and bind all persons represented by him or for whom he is responsible (“his party”) to these conditions of residence and, failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of himself and his party at the Lodge.
- The guest and each of his party agrees to pay not later than the time of departure (unless prior written arrangements have been made with the Lodge management) the room rate is determined by the Lodge for the period of residence, the costs of food, beverage and any other amounts relating to such residence together with VAT (if applicable) incurred by the guest and his party during his/their stay in the Lodge. Periodic payments must be made if the account exceeds the credit limit designated by the Lodge, and accounts are payable on presentation.
- An invoice from the Lodge Manager shall constitute proof of indebtedness of the guest and his/or his party and of the particulars therein for all purposes including any action instituted by the Lodge against the guest and/or any of his party.
- The guest agrees that after his departure, the Lodge may retain goods left behind by him and/or his party and authorises the Lodge after giving one month’s notice to the address registered by the guest of its attention to do so, to sell same, privately or publicly, at the Lodge discretion at such price as the Lodge may determine and offset proceeds of such sale against possible indebtedness of the guest or to hold such proceeds or part thereof for a period of three years pending any claims by the guest for those proceeds failing which they shall be deemed to have been forfeited to the Lodge.
- The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his party that it is a condition of his/their occupation of the Lodge that neither the Lodge, its landlord, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Lodge. The guest and his party may hand to the Lodge for safekeeping money and /or valuables, whereupon a special receipt will be issued accordingly.
- Specials are valid for the date(s) specified and cannot be redeemed or transferred after the special end date.
- The end date of the special is the last day in which the special can be redeemed.
- Specials cannot be used in conjunction with any other specials.
- Specials are subject to change without notice.
ACCOMMODATION PRIZE VOUCHERS
- Accommodation prize vouchers are valid for 6 months only.
- Vouchers are not transferable.
- Vouchers do not have a cash value and cannot be converted to cash or cash equivalents.
- Vouchers are valid for the stipulated Lodge only and cannot be redeemed at or transferred to another Lodge.
- Accommodation vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with running specials.