Perched on Alverstone Hill, with panoramic views of the Assagay Valley, is an African style lodge set in log and stone offering serenity, relaxation and warm hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you and catering to your every need.
Why Kangelani Lodge?
- Satellite TV (selected channels)
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Lock up safe
- Air Conditioners
- Bar fridge in all rooms
- Most rooms overlook the gardens and have views of the Assagay Valley
- Internet Access available throughout the property
- A bush boma encircled by aloes and indigenous trees for those chilly nights, wrapped in a blanket around an open fire or enjoy a traditional potjie evening.
- Outside pub with Built in Braai
- Underground Wine Cellar for a unique dining experience (Max. Group of 8)
- Pool for those lazy summer days
3 bedroom house with free WIFI The house is set in its own private garden with a deck, there is a 6 seater table, chairs and braai. Greater for larger number of guests.
WEDDINGS / CONFERENCES / PRIVATE FUNCTIONS
Kangelani Lodge is the perfect setting for a garden wedding or a small intimate reception at the Lodge. From intimate garden weddings of 40-60 guests to large receptions of up to 100 we’re able to make sure your special day is everything you want it to be. Conferences of up to 30 people in the Lodge
The lodge is the ideal venue for conferences of up to 30 people. Contact our functions coordinator to find out how we can facilitate your company.
Our wine cellar is a great location for small private celebrations or you can make use of the lodge’s indigenous gardens for larger functions.
Please contact us for more detailed information
Attractions nearby / things to do
- Practically on our doorstep is the Alverstone Conservancy with buck, zebra and wilderbeest.
- Valley of a thousand hills.
- Phezulu safari Park/crocodile farm/cultural Zulu dancing.
- Tala Game Reserve
- Shongweni Farmers Market
- The Durban Beaches offering a variety of activities such as sailing, angling, diving, kite surfing, microlight, helicopter flips and much more.
- Suncoast Casino in Durban